During the summer of 2011, Dr. Philip Ryken drafted “The President’s Green Paper on the Mission, Context, and Direction of Wheaton College.” After reviewing this 14-page document with his Senior Administrative Cabinet, he released it to the wider Wheaton College community at the beginning of September. The purpose of the Green Paper was to share the President’s best thinking about the total work of the College and to initiate a campus-wide discussion that would inform Wheaton’s strategic priorities going forward.
The Green Paper Task Force was formed in September with membership drawn from faculty, staff, students, and alumni. Through forums, discussion groups, surveys, and personal conversations, the Task Force gathered hundreds of responses to the Green Paper throughout the fall semester. In February of 2012 this feedback was reported to the Board of Trustees and then back to the entire College community in an eight-page Executive Summary.
The Task Force continued to meet during spring semester to discuss, draft, and finalize their recommendations to the Board of Trustees. These Strategic Priorities were subsequently reviewed by the Senior Administrative Cabinet before being presented to the Board of Trustees for approval in May 2012. They are published here as revised and approved.
Download the Strategic Priorities document. (PDF format)
Green Paper Task Force
- Dr. Sandra Joireman, Professor of Politics & International Relations
- Dr. Daniel Treier, Associate Professor of Theology
- Dr. Peter Walhout ’91, Associate Professor/Chair of Chemistry
- Mrs. Karen Belling ’83, Director of Financial Aid
- Mr. Dave Haidle, Assistant Director of Facilities Management
- Ms. LaTonya Taylor, Director of Media Relations
- Ms. Charity Fort ’12, Christian Service Council Chair
- Mr. Isaac Miller ’12, Student Government Executive VP for Educational Policies
- Mr. Ryan Hovis ’11, Graduate School Representative to the Faculty Council
- Dr. Judith Briscoe Golz ’83, Former Board of Visitors member
- Mr. Kurt Tillman ’78, President-elect of Alumni Association
- Dr. Mark Dillon, Vice President for Advancement and Alumni Relations
- Dr. Philip Ryken, President