Requirements for the Christian Formation and Ministry program leading to a Master of Arts degree consist of the successful completion of 42 semester hours, a comprehensive examination, and a final project. Students are required to complete 24 hours of core courses plus an additional 18 hours in a specified area of concentration.
Core Courses (24)
- CFM 512 Bible in Ministry (2)
- CFM 513 History & Philosophy of Ministry (4)
- CFM 514 Ministry in Culture (2)
- CFM 516 Teaching for Transformation (4)
- CFM 517 Developmental Theory and Spiritual Formation (2)
- CFM 518 Research Methods for Ministry (2)
- CFM 521 Personal Spiritual Formation (2)
- CFM 522 History and Traditions of Spiritual Formation (2)
- CFM 681 Comprehensive Exam (0)
- CFM 691 Concentration Mentoring Group (0)
- BITH ---- Theological Studies Requirement (TSR) (4)
All graduate students are required to complete a theological studies requirement of 6 semester hours. For CFM students, this consists of CFM 512 plus a 4-hour course from the Category I listing in the Graduate School section of this catalog. Students are also required to complete a zero-credit comprehensive exam and a zero-credit Mentoring Group in their area of concentration.
A final project is required. Up to four hours of electives within the concentration may be taken through independent study courses. Courses taken on a pass/fail basis may not be applied to the degree requirements. For courses offered only on a pass/fail basis, two hours of pass/fail credit may be applied to the degree with approval of the department chair.