Students who complete a Chemistry major are granted a Bachelor of Science degree unless they request a Bachelor of Arts degree.
For American Chemical Society Chemistry certification, Advanced Analytical Chemistry I or II, Biochemistry, Synthesis and Analysis, plus one additional 400-level chemistry course are required beyond the core requirements.
- General Chemistry II or Honors General Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Analytical Chemistry
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry I or II
- Physical Chemistry I and II
- Methods in Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Literature, Literacy and Laboratory Practice
- Capstone Course: Chemistry in Context
Requirements Beyond the Core
- Advanced Analytical I or II
- Synthesis and Analysis
- Advanced Inorganic
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Advanced Topics in Chemistry
Safety is an integral part of education in chemistry and is emphasized in all laboratories. Students are expected to know and follow all safety precautions at all times.