Students who complete a Chemistry major are granted a Bachelor of Science degree unless they request a Bachelor of Arts degree.
For American Chemical Society Biochemistry certification, Biochemistry and Advanced Biochemistry are the requirements beyond the core. In addition, four hours are chosen from Genetics, Cell & Developmental Biology, Microbiology & Immunology and Biochemistry Research.
- General Chemistry II or Honors General Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Analytical Chemistry
- Advanced Analytical Chemistry I or II
- Physical Chemistry I and II
- Methods in Physical Chemistry
- Chemical Literature, Literacy and Laboratory Practice
- Capstone Course: Chemistry in Context
Requirements Beyond the Core
- Advanced Biochemistry
- Advanced Inorganic
- Synthesis and Analysis
- Cell & Developmental Biology
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Advanced Topics in Chemistry
- Biochemistry Research
Safety is an integral part of education in chemistry and is emphasized in all laboratories. Students are expected to know and follow all safety precautions at all times.