Wheaton in China
Wheaton in China, 2015 is a six-week language and culture program in Tianjin, China that combines intensive language study with cultural immersion. (6 Credits)
Program Dates: May 23 – June 20, 2015 on site
(May 11-15, 2015: Pre-trip Orientation on campus;
June 21-23, 2015: Post-Trip Project)
Host Institution: New Century Language and Culture Center and Tianjin University of Finance and Economics
Program Costs: A Comprehensive fee of $4,950 (tentative) includes tuition, lodging, administrative fees, orientation materials, group land transportation, meal cards, textbook materials, lectures as well as trips and cultural activities. Airfare, passport and visa, vaccinations, on-your-own meals, personal items are not included
Transportation: Students arrange their own flight itinerary to and from Beijing.
Program Director: Rose (Shuguang) Wang
- Cross Cultural Orientation
- Total Immersion Program (Chinese Only!)
- Courses Taught by Tianjin Language and Culture Center Faculty Members
- Three Types of Classes Weekly
- Room and Board on Tianjin University of Finance and Economics Campus
- One Week of Home-Stay Arrangement
- Fellowship with Other International and Local Chinese Students
- Visits to Cultural/Historical Sites in Tianjin and Beijing
- Worship in Local Churches
Are you interested?
Application: Applications must be received no later than February 28th, 2015. A registration fee of $400 is required with the application and will apply to the total cost.
For more information contact the program director, the Global and Experiential Learning office, or take a look at more details regarding the program.