Wheaton in China 2012
Wheaton in China 2013 is a 5-week academic/experiential learning program in Guangzhou involving a 10-day trip to Shanghai, Xuzhou, and Beijing. Students will learn the Chinese language and culture, discover the opportunities in China for future study, business and/or ministry, and experience life in modern China. This program offers two tracks of courses in beginning and advanced Chinese language and culture. Enrollment is limited to 15 students. Students who have completed CHIN 102 or higher before going will earn six credits; students with no prior study will earn four credits.
This program offers 12 lectures in total, integrated with 14 or more visits to famous cultural and historic sites as well as international companies in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Beijing, and other cities. Classes, lectures and discussion sessions will make up 78 or more 60-minute sessions of instruction in total.
Program Director: Rose (Shuguang) Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Dates: May 18 – June 22, 2013
- On-site cultural orientation
- Language courses taught by Wheaton faculty members with lectures by local experts
- Behind-the-scenes look at a variety of businesses in China
- Visits to cultural and historical sites in Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Beijing
- Worship in local churches
- Personalized and caring approach conducive to concentrated study
- Guest house in Guangzhou as home base for lodging and instruction
After the Program Ends
Most students will leave via Guangzhou or Hong Kong, but we understand that some students will want to stay in China beyond the end of the program. Some will choose to travel; others may choose to teach English short term. We encourage students to do either or both, but they will be responsible for making their own arrangements whether for work or travel.
Are you interested?
For more information contact the program director, the Global and Experiential Learning office, or take a look at more details regarding the program.