M.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 2008
M.A., Fuller Theological Seminary, 2006
B.A. Wheaton College, 1993
- Protestants in Spanish and Latin American Literature
- Images of Christ in Latin American Poetry
- Spanish Language Literature in the United States
- 20th Century Costa Rican Literature
- Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz
- Protestant Religious Experience in Latin America
- Technology in Second Language Acquisition
- Forms of Address in Costa Rican Spanish
Membership in Professional Associations
- Modern Language Association
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Latin American Studies Association
- Conference on Christianity and Literature
- North American Christian Foreign Language Association
Publications and Presentations
“Bala en La Bombilla: La reconstrucción de José de León Toral en Los mochos de Ignacio Solares,” 13th Colloquium on Mexican Literature, UC-Mexicanistas and the University of California, Santa Barbara, November 6, 2010.
Book review, Rancheros in Chicagoacán: Language and Identity in a Transnational Community, by Marcia Farr, Journal of Sociolinguistics 14.4 (2010): 554-58.
“La carnavalización de las Memorias de Padre Mier en El mundo alucinante de Reinaldo Arenas,” 11th Annual Graduate Student Conference on Hispanic and Lusophone Literatures, Cultures, and Linguistics, University of California, Santa Barbara, February 2009.
“Liberation Theology: An Ecclesiological Charism for Latin American Pentecostalism,” Second Joint Meeting of the Society for Pentecostal Studies and the Wesleyan Theological Society, Lexington, Kentucky, March 2003.