- The program is called the Alpha USA Ministry Leadership Resident
- It is a non-paid internship with a commitment for 10-15 hours weekly (paid on a case-by-case only, in extreme circumstances e.g. subject matter expert w/ specific high-value project contribution, or long-term internship)
- Office space is available at the Alpha USA Central Support offices in Bannockburn, IL (preferred location, but open to flexible alternatives)
- Suggested start/end dates are flexible but needs are immediate. Recommended time frame commitment is a minimum of 8 weeks. Longer-term paid internships are available on a case-by-case basis.
Alpha USA Leadership Resident internship provides students with real life hands-on ministry experience, encompassing both a rich ministry experience (God and prayer is first in all that we do, and we work only for His glory and for His will) while also getting exposed to real strategic business situations such as operations, marketing, finance, and ministry development. The position was created specifically to give students ministry experience while growing their business skills to develop them into future leaders of ministries and businesses.
Alpha USA is home to the Alpha Course in the US. The ministry works with churches, ministries and individuals in reaching the lost in all communities. In the US, 2 million people have taken the Alpha course and it is run in all 50 states. The mission of Alpha is to encourage, equip and empower the local church to make disciples of Jesus Christ from all walks of life by providing tools, training and support to transform our society - one life, one church and one community at a time.
This is an opportunity to be part of an organization that is being called “one the most effective evangelism tools of our time” by Rick Warren; or “I rejoice at how God is using it so powerfully to renew many churches both inside and outside prison walls” according to Chuck Colson; or an organization secular press call effective and modern - "...many claim Alpha has changed their lives and appear genuinely happier for the experience." Time Magazine; "Alpha...uses modern marketing methods to promote and explain Christian teachings around the world." Newsweek; “Alpha helps students navigate through Christianity.” Los Angeles Times.
The internship is designed to expose Residents to ministry work created to broaden the much needed skills ministries are looking for. The unique thing about working for Alpha is that although Jesus Christ is at the center of all we do, we also take our ‘stewardship’ seriously and manage the ministry with the utmost professionalism and excellence.
Day to day duties might include:
Contact and Information
- Learning how to communicate with churches and other ministries through hands on training and experience
- Learning day to day business activities in operations, operations, marketing, finance, and ministry development
- Participate in ministry meetings with staff which may be both strategy or tactical oriented
- Assist in specific projects pertaining to marketing and publishing
- Visit churches in local area running the Alpha course
- Have an opportunity to work within multiple departments to enhance skills
Please contact email@example.com
to apply. Visit Alpha >>