M.A. Intercultural Studies/TESOL, Wheaton College
B.A. ESL Education and Bible, Northwestern College, St. Paul, MN
About Sara Vroom
Sara has extensive experience teaching ESL at the middle/high school levels, in urban schools in St. Paul, Minnesota, and as the ESL Director at the International Christian School of Vienna in Austria. She is the co-author of an EFL textbook for children.
- INTR 618 Teaching ESL to Children, K-12
- LING 322 Grammar for Teachers
- EDUC 136 Teaching Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- EDUC 136L Cross-Cultural Tutoring Practicum
Papers, Published and/or Presented
- Vroom, Sara (2014). “Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Children: A Multinational Survey”. In TESOL Journal
- Vroom, Sara (2014). Passport to Adventure: Explore. In Passport to Adventure: Wonder, Imagine, Discover, and Explore Levels (2013). Colorado Springs, CO: Purposeful Design Press.
- Vroom, Sara. “Writing and Recording Original Audio Tracks for Authentic Listening” International TESOL Convention, Portland, Oregon, March 29, 2014.