The QST is administered on three occasions each year – during fall Orientation and during the A quad of each semester. There is no charge for the exam during your freshmen orientation, but you must register in advance in the mathematics department office and pay a $10 fee for any QST taken after your initial orientation week. Registration begins in the math office (Science Center, Room 157) two weeks prior to the test date. The $10 fee is due at the time of registration.
Review Materials are available for the QST.
2013-14 Test Dates
- Tuesday, August 27, 2013 (Edman Chapel – 2:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, October 2, 2013 (Meyer Science Center Lecture Hall, Room 145– 7:00 p.m.)
- Thursday, February 20, 2014 (Meyer Science Center Lecture Hall, Room 145 – 7:00 p.m.)
Under the 2008-09 and later catalogs, quantitative competency can be met by any one of the following:
- Passing the quantitative skills test
- Math 101 (Prerequisite: having attempted the quantitative skills test at least once)
- Calculus credit (MATH 218, 221, 231, or 232) taken at Wheaton or transferred in from another college.
- Calculus credits earned through AP exams (AB score of 3, 4, 5, or BC score of 2,3,4,5)
- IB exam (HL – score of 5 or greater)
The QST consists of 33 multiple choice questions. A score of 22 is required to pass.