Download this information as PDF
We would like to invite you to apply for one of our merit based scholarships if you are interested in the physics and/or engineering programs at Wheaton College. We offer two scholarships for incoming freshman – one in physics and one in engineering. You may only apply for one of the two scholarships.
The physics merit scholarship is awarded annually to up to four students, typically one in each of the four classes (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior). The scholarship is intended to encourage students who plan to go on to a career in physics after graduating from Wheaton. Currently the amount of the scholarship is $6250. To apply for this scholarship, please compose a 1-2 page essay that addresses the following questions:
- Why have you decided (or planned) to major in physics?
- What extracurricular or service activities have you been involved in that relate to physics or technology (clubs, competitions, etc.)?
- Describe any physics research or internship experiences you have had.
- What are your anticipated career plans after you graduate from Wheaton?
The engineering scholars award is given annually to one promising incoming freshman engineering student. Currently the amount of the scholarship is $1000 and it can be renewed for a second year pending good academic performance in the first year. To apply for this scholarship, please compose a 1-2 page essay that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you interested in pursuing engineering?
- What type or types of engineering interest you most?
- What extracurricular activities have you been involved in that relate to engineering (clubs, competitions, etc.)?
- What do you aspire to do as a Christian engineer once you have graduated from Wheaton?
If you are interested in applying for one of the above scholarships, please send your essay by email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 19, 2016. If you have any questions, please use the same email address or give Dr. Craig a call at 630-752-7116 and he will be happy to talk with you.