The major in Political Science seeks to prepare students for:
- graduate study in politics, government, and related fields, including area studies, public policy and public administration
- law school
- careers in government and public affairs
- work in the private and non-profit sectors that require knowledge of government and politics
Requirements for a Political Science Major are 38 hours of Political Science and International Relations courses that include:
* Introductory courses in three sub-fields of the discipline - American government, political philosophy, and comparative politics or international politics (12 hours).
* A two course sequence in methodology – a 2 hour course in Political Research and a 4 hour course in statistics (Math 263).
* a 4 hour internship
* Senior seminar
* 14 hours of electives