How many Wheaton students apply to medical and dental schools annually?
During the recent application cycles (2001-2009), our Pre-Health Professions program offered assistance and support services to an average of fifty-five applicants annually. This average reflects applicants to
- allopathic (average 48; range: 24-66)
- and osteopathic medical schools (average 5; range: 1-11)
- and to dental school (average 4; range: 2-8).
During those years, graduates of Wheaton College matriculated into
- allopathic medical schools (average 28; range 14-41),
- osteopathic medical schools (average 3; range 1-8,
- and dental schools (average 3; range 1-7).
Prior to that, a twenty-year database was created to collect data for the years 1981-2000 Over the twenty year period 72% of our applicants to health professions schools (medical and dental) per graduation year (535 out of 744) achieved acceptance.
What are common majors chosen by pre-health professions students?
Common majors in the sciences are Biology and Chemistry. Common non-science majors include Applied Health Science, Psychology, and Spanish.
What are some health professions schools where Wheaton College graduates have matriculated?