24 credit hours.
- BITH 576 History of Christianity to 1900 (4)
- BITH 577 Modern World Christianity (4) OR BITH 585 History of Christianity in North America (4)
- BITH 581 The Reformation (4)
- BITH 677 Topics in the History of Christianity (8)
- Early Christianity concentration students will complete 4 additional elective hours from BITH 677 or BITH 679.
Early concentration students are required to take one seminar (BITH 677) that corresponds with the Early concentration; one seminar must be taken from the Reformation or Modern concentrations.
4 credit hours.
- BITH 653—Historical Theology: Patristic (2)
- BITH 654—Historical Theology: Medieval (2)
- BITH 655—Historical Theology: Reformation (2)
- BITH 656—Historical Theology: Modern (2)
Early concentration students are required to take BITH 653 corresponding with their concentration.
Biblical and Systematic Theology
4 credit hours.
- BITH 525—Biblical Theology (4) or BITH 565—Christian Theology (4)
Historical Skills and Methodology
6 credit hours.
- BITH 505—Language Reading Course (French, German, Greek or Latin) (4)
Students not planning to pursue doctoral work may receive permission from their advisor to use these hours towards their electives.
- BITH 683—Historiography of the History of Christianity (2)
4 credit hours. 8 credit hours if students opt out of BITH 505
- BITH 695—Independent Study (4) in their concentrated subject, or BITH 698—Thesis (4)
- BITH 692—Graduate Comprehensive Exam (0)
Students should not take exams before they have completed 32 hours of the program.