Instructor of Christian Formation and Ministry
On Faculty since 2003
2002 M.A., Educational Ministries, Wheaton College Graduate School
1997 B.A., Christian Education and Ministry, Wheaton College
About Dan Haase
Practical Theology, Mentoring/Discipleship, Contemplative Spirituality
Home schooling dad, gardening, backpacking and camping, poetry, pen and ink drawing
Find more about me on my personal website >>
- CFM 516 Teaching for Transformation
- CFM 532 Discipleship
- CE 232 Spiritual Guidance/Discernment
- CE 497 Internship Seminar
Membership in Professional Societies
“A Philosophy and Handbook for Mentoring within Christian Higher Education” (M.A. Thesis, Wheaton College, April 2002).
Papers Published and/or Presented
- “Spiritual Formation Goes to College: Class-Related “Soul Projects in Christian Higher Education” (group authorship with David Setran, James Wilhoit, Don Ratcliff, and Linda Rozema), Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, (Fall 2009, Vol. 2, No. 2): 153-178.
- “Teaching for Christian (Trans)formation,” NAPCE Workshop Intensive, Oct., 2006.
- “Teaching for Transformation Thorough Internships: One Department's Model,“ NAPCE, Oct., 2006.
- “Mentoring on the Christian College Campus,” Koinonia (Fall 2002): 6-8.
- Internship Coordinator, Wheaton College, Department of Christian Formation & Ministry, Wheaton, IL, July 2003-present.
- Emmanuel Mentor Program Facilitator, Wheaton College, Student Activities Office, Wheaton, IL, Spring 2002-Fall 2003.
- Associate Resident Director, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA, Fall 1998-2000.
- Youth Ministries Intern, First Presbyterian Church, Florence, S.C., Summer 1998, 1999.
- Student Venture Campus Director, Baylor Preparatory School, Chattanooga, TN, 1997-1998.