Ph.D. Economics. University of Illinois - Chicago
M.B.A. Bowling Green State University
M.A. Business Education. Ball State University
B.S. Business Education/Administration. Ball State University
- Accounting I
Membership in Professional Societies
- Association of Christian Economists (ACE)
- Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA)
- American Economics Association (AEA)
- Midwest Economics Association (MEA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Illinois Economics Association (IEA)
- Western Economic Association (WEA)
Current research is focused on gender, religion, and educational attainment. Previous research was on gender roles, gender in the classroom, abortion rates, hospital mortality rates, and the informal sector in developing economies.
- “Religious Adherence and Educational Attainment in the United States.” International Journal of Education and Human Development 2:5. (September 30, 2016). Seth Norton.
- “Religion and Female Education: Trans-Megabloc Effects.” Faith and Economics. With Seth Norton. Faith and Economics 66. (Fall 2015), pp. 65-93.
- "How Our Students View Gender Roles." Growth: The Journal of the Association for Christians in Student Development 12. (Spring 2013), pp. 21-33.
- "The Effect of Religious Membership and Parental Involvement Laws on Adult and Teen Abortion Rates." International Journal of Humanities and Social Science 2:16. (August, 2012), pp.13-23, with Seth Norton.
- "Religion and Female Educational Attainment." Journal of Money, Credit and Banking 41:5. (August 2009), pp. 961-986. With Seth Norton.
- "Earnings Determinants for Self-Employed Women and Men in the Informal Economy: the Case of Bogota, Columbia." International Social Science Review 83. (2008). With Lacey Johnson.
- "The Chilly Classroom: Beyond Gender. " College Teaching (Summer 2006), pp. 263-270. With Edee Schultze.
- "Perceptions of Gender Competence - Are Christian Colleges Different" Growth." Journal of the Association for Christians in Student Development 5. (Spring 2005), pp.4-15. With Edee Schulze.
- "The Effect of Religious Membership on Teen Abortion Rates." Journal of Youth and Adolescence 30:1. (2001), pp. 103-116.
- "Parental Involvement Laws, Religion, and Abortion Rates." Gender Issues 18:4. (Fall, 2000), pp.33-46.
- "Parental Involvement Laws and Minor and Non-Minor Teen Abortion and Birth Rates." Journal of Family and Economic Issues 20:2. (Summer, 1999), pp.149-162.
- "Determinants of Teenage Birth Rates as an Unpooled Sample." American Journal of Economics and Sociology 58:1. (January, 1999), pp.57-70.
- "The Relationship between Hospital Mortality Rates, and Hospital, Market, and Patient Characteristics." Applied Economics 30. (1998), pp.717-725.
- "Weaknesses of Economic Incentive systems for Quality Improvement." Journal of Technology Studies 11:1. (Winter/Spring 1995), pp.59-60. With D. Tomal.
- "Does Your Economic Incentive System Really Improve Quality?" Human Resource Development Quarterly 5:2. (Summer, 1994), pp.185-190. With D. Tomal.
- Every Parent's Nightmare: How to Find the Best Medical Care for Your Family. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1993. With D. Tomal.
- "Religious Adherence and Educational Attainment in the United States." With Seth Norton.
- "Religion and Female Education: Trans-Megabloc Effects." With Seth Norton.
- "Economic Freedom and Female Education Attainment." With Seth Norton.
- "Hierarchical Religions and Female Education." With Seth Norton.