- Graduation from an accredited four-year college/university or equivalent (BA degree).
- Completion of at least two years full-time Christian service in student's homeland context.
- Affiliation with a Christian organization or national denomination which will endorse the student's study plan and support your return to ministry upon completion of M.A. studies.
- Commitment to return to his or her Christian organization or national denomination upon completion of M.A. studies.
- Healthcare workers: Internationals who are professionally active and meet the above requirements.
Awards for international leaders are given on a loan/scholarship basis. For each year the recipient serves in their ministries outside of North America after the completion of MA studies, 25% of the loan is forgiven and becomes a scholarship. If the recipient does not return to his or her ministry and homeland, the amount of funding that was provided, as well as interest, must be repaid. The funds received are for related expenses of tuition, board, room, clothing, books and medical insurance/expenses. Students are responsible for transportation costs (to and from Wheaton or during stay), personal miscellaneous expenses, and, normally, a portionof their room and board.
Before you can apply, you must first submit a Preliminary Eligibility Form to our office. If you are interested in taking the first step in applying for this award, we have provided instructions on how to apply.
- The deadline for submitting scholarship application materials is November 1 of the year prior to which you seek to be admitted into Wheaton College Graduate School.
- Complete files of candidates who meet the requirements for this award are reviewed and evaluated in late February.
- Those selected for awards receive immediate notification.
- Scholarship applications and Graduate School admission should proceed at the same time. Materials are not interchangeable.