Special Situations


Off-Campus Study

Students who have financial aid and who are planning to study off-campus--fall, spring, or summer--must talk with the Director of Study Abroad to start the process. There are many different kinds of off-campus study opportunities, and aid eligibility may vary. Therefore, it is important that students schedule an appointment to talk with their financial aid counselor as soon as possible in the process to see how off-campus study will affect their financial aid and to see what additional steps need to be taken.


Financial aid is available to veterans and their families through the G.I. Bill, War Orphans Educational Law, and other programs. Widows and children of deceased veterans as well as spouses and children of totally disabled veterans are eligible for educational benefits. Further information can be secured from your local Veterans Administration Office. Students eligible to receive veterans benefits should complete the necessary forms in the Registrar's Office to certify enrollment to the Veterans Administration. Those expecting government checks are reminded that this aid may not be available for two to three months following application.

For more information on GI benefits, please contact the Registrar at registrar@wheaton.edu

Media Center