- Those applying to PhD, PsyD, MA Biblical Archaeology, MA Biblical Exegesis, MA Biblical Studies, MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling, MA Counseling Ministries, MA Marriage & Family Therapy, or MA Theology must submit scores from the GRE* General Test and have the official score report sent to Wheaton College. (MAT is not accepted.)
- Those applying for the MA Christian Formation & Ministry, MA Evangelism & Leadership, MA History of Christianity, MA Intercultural Studies & Missions, MA TESOL & Intercultural Studies, or MA Teaching must submit scores from either the GRE General Test or MAT** (Miller Analogies Test).
- You can self-report your entrance exam scores by e-mail to expedite the evaluation process.
- The official score report is required before you can register for classes at Wheaton.
- If you are applying to a master's program and already have a postgraduate degree earned in the United States, you might be exempt from the entrance-exam requirement.
- International Students applying to the PhD or PsyD programs must complete both the GRE and the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language).
- International Students applying to MA programs can take the TOEFL in place of the GRE or MAT. Please see English Proficiency.
* GRE General Test scores are downloaded weekly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The Wheaton College institutional code for the GRE is 1905. GRE: http://www.gre.org, 609-771-7670.
** MAT scores are mailed directly from the testing service's office. MAT: http://www.milleranalogies.com, 800-211-8378.