Changes to test content that more closely align with the skills your candidates need to succeed:
• The Verbal Reasoning measure places a greater emphasis on higher cognitive skills, making it a truer, deeper assessment of the test taker's ability to understand what they read and how to apply their reasoning skills.
Learn more about the Verbal Reasoning measure.
• The Quantitative Reasoning measure tests the same basic mathematical concepts, but emphasizes the data interpretation and real-life scenarios a test taker will encounter, to better gauge their skills.
Learn more about the Quantitative Reasoning measure.
• The Analytical Writing measure asks test takers to provide more focused responses to questions, so they can more accurately demonstrate their skill in directly responding to the task presented.
Learn more about the Analytical Writing measure.
Changes to the test design that provide your candidates a friendlier, more flexible test-taking experience:
• Now they'll find new features that allow them to change their answers, skip questions and more — giving them the freedom to use their own personal test-taking strategies.
Learn more about test design changes.
Changes to scoring that deliver more simplicity in distinguishing performance differences between your candidates:
• The revised test features a new score scale that reports the Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning measures on a 130 – 170 score scale, in 1-point increments (vs. 200 – 800 in 10-point increments). Compressing the reporting metric means producing scores that won't exaggerate small performance differences between examinees.
Learn more about score changes.
Detailed Score Reporting Schedule:
Computer-based revised General Test Dates Approximate Score Report Mailing Dates
August 1, 2011 – September 8, 2011 November 8, 2011
September 9, 2011 – October 2, 2011 November 10, 2011
October 3, 2011 – October 15, 2011 November 17, 2011
October 16, 2011 – November 18, 2011 December 1, 2011
November 19, 2011 – November 28, 2011 December 8, 2011
November 29, 2011 or later 10 – 15 days after the test date