Wheaton Connection. It's a chance to attend classes. To stroll through campus. To discover residence life. To meet the people who define Wheaton.
Opening Night begins at 4:00 pm. After registering, you'll meet some of our faculty and have the opportunity to tour campus. Later you'll have pizza with Wheaton students and then stay overnight in a dorm.
Connection Day starts at 8:00am. Morning arrivals register, then there's breakfast and a chance to meet some administrators. After that, you get to experience community at chapel, enjoy our top-ranked food for lunch, and visit a class. Naturally, there are financial aid and admissions presentations, but also a "Community Life at Wheaton" student panel. Scheduled programming concludes around 3:15 pm, but there are optional activities if you'd like to extend your visit through the afternoon.
If you're interested in the natural sciences, there will be a presentation in our new Science Center. And if you want to study or participate in music, you may attend a Conservatory of Music session and ensemble rehearsals.
The fee for each student is $30, which covers participation and two meals for the student and one meal for parents and siblings. Overnight housing in the dorms is available for visiting students. If housing availability becomes limited, priority is given to those traveling over 50 miles.
We hope to see you at Connection this year!
2014-2015 Connection Dates
| Connection Program
|| Registration Deadline
| September 18-19, 2014
| September 12, 2014
| October 23-24, 2014
| October 17, 2014
| March 26-27, 2015*
| March 20, 2015
| April 16-17, 2015*
| April 10, 2015
*Juniors and accepted seniors only
Wheaton Connection Events
See a full schedule of events here!
- A time for students and parents to meet with faculty from different departments
- Campus tour
- Pizza party for students
- Overnight housing for students in dorms
- Meals in our award-winning dining hall
- An opening session from Wheaton’s administration
- An information session from our Admissions Department (for juniors)
- A presentation from our Career Services Department (for seniors)
- A presentation from our Bible and Theology Department
- A presentation from our Financial Aid Department
- A time to ask questions and hear from a panel of Wheaton students
- Chapel Service
- Class Visits
- An information session and tour of our new Science Center (for those interested in the natural sciences)
- An information session from our Conservatory of Music (for those interested in music)
- Opportunities to visit our campus museums
There are two ways to register for Connection:
- Register by mail: Send the Connection registration card (PDF) along with a check for your $30 registration fee, payable to Wheaton College, to:
- Wheaton College Admissions
501 College Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187
Detailed confirmation materials, including a list of area hotels/motels, will be emailed to you upon receipt of your registration card and $30 registration fee.
Please note that if your plans change, full refunds are available until the registration deadline date listed above for each corresponding Connection date.
If you are traveling by plane, we recommend either renting a car or contacting a taxi company for transportation to and from the airport.
Because we can provide housing for one night only, please make arrangements if you need to arrive early or stay late. We're only able to accommodate high school juniors and seniors in the residence halls. Any other prospective students, parents and family members who plan to attend will need to arrange for their own housing.
Students staying overnight in a residence hall will need a sleeping bag, pillow, towel, toiletries, and an alarm clock. We suggest bringing several layers of comfortable clothing, walking shoes, and an umbrella. You may also want to bring spending money for the bookstore.
The Admissions Office is located in the Student Services Building, which is west of the Beamer Student Center. Parking near the office may be very limited during Wheaton Connection, so please allow at least 15 minutes to secure a parking spot. Parking will be available in the East Billy Graham Center and Edman Chapel lots. View a campus map.
Although interviews are an optional part of the application process, we are unable to conduct admissions interviews during Wheaton Connections. On-campus or telephone interviews for alternate dates may be scheduled by calling (800) 222-2419 ext. 2.