The Suzuki faculty at CSA seeks to ensure that parents of new students have the knowledge and resources needed to effectively support their Suzuki beginner in the study of an instrument.
1. A Parent Education binder is provided to new Suzuki families when lessons begin. The binder includes information about the Suzuki philpsophy, what to expect in the weekly lesson, how to effectively practice with a child at home, as well as inspiring articles and other resources.
2. New parents are required to attend the 1.5 hour Parent Education Orientation session to catch the vision for their student's potential through Suzuki student performances, interaction with CSA Suzuki teachers, observe a parent/child practice demo and meet other Suzuki parents. Parent participation in the orientation is vital to a student's early success.
2015 - 2016 Suzuki Parent Education Session: Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:00-8:30pm McAlister, room 136
Topics for discussion:
• Key elements of Suzuki philosophy
• Role of the parent in Suzuki instruction
• Tools for Success – practical motivational helps for home practice
• The Magic of Listening – optimizing your child’s instruction
The parent who will attend lessons and practice with the student is required to be present for the session, but both parents are encouraged to attend. All student accounts are billed for Parent Education ($40 to cover the binder and session), when the student begins lessons.