"With our teacher’s positive style and encouraging spirit, how can a student not be inspired?" CSA Parent
"Our teacher has always demonstrated a passion for teaching, as well as playing music. She is extremely creative in exploring ideas to maximize my son’s potential." CSA Parent
"Our CSA teacher is the most supportive, fair, and encouraging instructor I have ever seen. She asks a lot, but always gives even more. Just being with her helps my daughter to develop positive life skills." CSA Parent
CSA’s Prep program provides music lessons with a traditional approach to over 200 students. Our outstanding faculty members hold advanced degrees, have extensive experience working with students of all levels and employ a variety of methods to meet individual needs and goals. CSA’s nurturing and creative environment builds character and equips students to become excellent artists.
- Instruments offered: piano, violin, cello, guitar, harp, flute, clarinet, voice
- Students may begin at age 6, through adult.
- Early emphasis is on note-reading, excellent technique and self-expression.
- Parent involvement is encouraged for young students, but not required.
- Tuition includes a weekly private lesson along with a group class required for students through grade 8. The class inspires motivation through peer interaction and strengthens musicianship through theory, ear-training, performance, music history and sight-reading.
- Students participate in all-program concerts and recitals held in Conservatory performance venues.
Steps to Enroll
After submitting registration materials, you will be contacted for placement.
Complete the registration form (pdf) and submit with $35 registration fee to the CSA office.
2. Prepare to purchase/rent an instrument
For piano students, a non-electric piano is required. String, harp & flute students must be measured by their teacher prior to purchasing/renting an instrument.
Private lessons + group class
30 min/15 weeks | $639*
45 min/15 weeks | $899*
*A $40/semester Events Fee applies to all private lesson students to cover administrative and production costs of concerts, festivals and studio recitals.
Young Musicians: at the Keyboard (6–9 yrs)
Musikgarten Music Makers: at the Keyboard
$285/15 weeks | Required materials fee $63
MON 3:20–4:20 pm | Pierce 101 | Wilder
MON 4:25–5:25 pm | Pierce 101 | Wilder
SAT 9:30–10:30 am | Pierce 101 | Wilder
A perfect foundation for private study on any instrument, these musicianship lessons at the keyboard emphasize making music with others, playing songs by ear, learning to read music and improvising.
A 66-key, weighted keyboard or acoustic piano is required for home practice. Parent attends last 15 minutes. Materials include instruction book, games, CDs and parent book.
Preparatory Program Events
First and second place winners from Jr division (gr 6–8) and Sr division (gr 9–12) perform in a concert and receive a prize in the form of CSA tuition credit.
Sunday, January 25, 2015
Prep Jazz/Pop Recital
The Jazz Pop Festival offers Preparatory piano students the opportunity to perform in a jazz trio accompanied by Wheaton College students. This unique event highlights blues, jazz, pop, rock, contemporary Christian music and more.
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Open Recitals are regularlay scheduled to offer the opportunity for all students to perform! Check for specific dates on the Student Academic Calendar.