Conference Services Assistant Job Description
The Conference Services Assistant (CSA) is a vital member of the Conference Services team. CSAs provide hotel-type front desk assistance in campus residence halls, and are often the first and primary contact guests have with the College. In providing quality customer service, the CSA displays Christ’s love to guests of both religious and non-religious backgrounds. CSAs report to the Assistant Director of Operations. Additionally, they receive information and input from the Director and Assistant Director of Marketing on matters related to specific conference groups.
- Attending training sessions and weekly staff meeting.
- Familiarity with the Conference Services Assistant Handbook.
- Restructuring residence halls from student use to conference guest use, and then returning them to student use after the summer conference season ends.
- Staffing residence halls utilizing a day, evening and/or weekend shift schedule as the conference calendar requires.
- Check-in/check-out of conference guests
- Maintaining accurate forms and records for guest registration and linen inventory, and performing various administrative tasks.
- Providing front desk services, giving directions, and providing necessary conference information for guests.
- Complying with all College and Conference Services procedures and policies.
- Taking the initiative to insure guest security and safety and assisting with any emergency situations that may arise.
Dates of Employment: Starting date will vary (5-12 to 5-21) until 8-8-14
Rate of Pay: $9.75 per hour (for first year employees) – Approximately 25 - 40 hour per week work schedule