Faithful Readiness Preparing to Respond…Preparing to Recover Training and Workshop
On November 7, 2012, the American Red Cross, Humanitarian Disaster Institute at Wheaton College, the Federal Emergency Management Agency Region V and State and Local Partners representing Northeastern Illinois, Southeastern Wisconsin and Northwest Indiana invite faith-based and community leaders, preparedness experts and practitioners for a one day training/workshop for leaders of faith-based and community-based organizations, state and local governments and the private sector. This workshop is of the DHS Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships Faithful Readiness effort for those wanting to prepare themselves and their communities for all types of emergencies.
This training is designed to provide you with:
- Concrete steps to empower your organization and members to prepare for emergencies, including:
- Serving in a direct emergency response role including how to serve as a disaster shelter
- How to access resources and partnerships to help with a plan before and after a disaster
- Access to new ideas and resources to engage your membership and serve your community, including:
- Activities and initiatives to educate your members about basic preparedness
- Full-scale programs that equip members with training to help their neighbors
- An opportunity to connect with new partners ready to tackle these concerns with you
- Opportunities to receive two certificates of completion from FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute
Get your organization started by participating in this workshop. Here are more details:
Wednesday, November 7th 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Barrows Auditorium 501 College Avenue
Wheaton, IL 60187-5593
To register, please visit The American Red Cross.
Registration is free. Please contact Yvette Alexander or Marcus Coleman for additional information.