In line with the mission of Wheaton College,
HoneyRock exists to build the church and benefit society worldwide by developing whole and effective people through transformational outdoor experiences.
This is expressed in youth-oriented camp programs and leadership development programs for college and graduate students.
Core Values are the constant, unchanging, passionate and Biblical beliefs that drive the ministry, depict our unique identity, inspire, galvanize, and determine priorities. We seek to insure that all programs and experiences at HoneyRock are characterized by these values in some way. We plan, implement and evaluate our programs based on these historic principles:
- Others-oriented Service
- Purposeful Challenge
- Experiences in Creation
- Rhythms of Rest & Reflection
- Authentic Community
- Truth-infused Programming
- Enthusiastic Engagement
Our desired outcomes for every participant at HoneyRock, from campers to grad students:
- Communion with God and people
- Calling to Love and Disciple
- Congruence of Character
- Courageous Engagement
- Compassionate Service
- Contextual Leadership
What sets HoneyRock apart is summed up in these characteristics:
- A Powerful Learning Environment – This is articulated and embodied in our core values. HoneyRock specializes in temporary community and outdoor context for challenge and connection.
- An Engaging Learning Process – Deep thinking is pressed into practice throughout our camper and student programs. Learning at HoneyRock is experiential and goes through a cycle of truth, experience and reflection.
- Facilitated Holistic Discipleship – On-going discipleship is characterized by challenge, support, and vision. This is exemplified in our 1:1's, our small groups, and personal development plans.
- Leadership Development Progression – Multi-level experiences that challenge participants to the next level of maturity (spiritually, relationally, etc.). Our programs for campers and students follow a progression of Introduction > Immersion > Leading > Replicating.
- Global Impact and Respect – HoneyRock is known world-wide as a leader in leadership development in and through camp ministry.