Adventure Challenge/Passage Program Manager
On Staff since 2011
Phone: (715) 479-7474 x305
- B.A. in Music, Houghton College, 1991.
- B.A. in Biblical Studies, Houghton College, 1991.
- M.S. in College Student Development, Alfred University, 1995.
- Certified Wilderness Education Association Instructor
- American Mountain Guides Single Pitch Instructor
- Professional Climbing Instructors Association Course Provider
- American Canoe Association Advanced Whitewater Open Canoe Instructor Trainer
- Swiftwater Rescue Instructor
After moving every 2-3 years at the whim of the U.S. Government (my father was a Navy chaplain), I graduated from Houghton College in New York State and finally settled in the mountains of western North Carolina with my wife Amy and daughter Carolena. I will be serving as the Program Manager for the Master of Arts in Outdoor Adventure Leadership and Passage programs.
My journey of faith began in a Christian home where I was raised to understand the importance of scripture and worship. Camp Berea, in New Hampshire, was instrumental in encouraging my faith to the point that I eventually worked through the process of "making my faith my own." Over the last few years I have been blessed to grow in a deeper understanding of Grace and the Work of the Cross on my behalf and I, with God's help, seek to truly "enjoy God and glorify Him forever."
Even though I have only been at HoneyRock for a short time, I am already very impacted by the opportunities to work towards genuine community. Shared meals and devotions and people who make efforts to work together for the common goal of building Christ's Kingdom make this a very special place. It also doesn't hurt that there are forests, lakes, loons, and bald eagles just about everywhere. The "set apart" nature of the location allows for reflection and appreciation of God's revelation through creation at a degree I have not found in many places.