Master of Arts in Evangelism and Leadership
The Master of Arts in Evangelism & Leadership at Wheaton College will equip you to think critically and act creatively to communicate the gospel in our contemporary, multi-ethnic world. The Outdoor and Adventure Leadership concentration is especially designed for current camp ministry and other professionals who desire to grow in their thinking and practice skills while keeping their jobs. All core courses are taught in one-week modular form at the Wheaton College campus in Illinois. All Outdoor and Adventure Leadership courses are taught in one to two-week modular formats at HoneyRock, Wheaton’s Northwoods Center for Outdoor Leadership Development. Due to its modular and part-time nature, the program often takes about four years to complete
Successful completion of an M.A. in Evangelism and Leadership with an Outdoor and Adventure Leadership concentration requires 40 semester hours. Students will take 24 semester hours of Evangelism and Leadership courses on the Wheaton College campus, and 16 hours in the Outdoor and Adventure Leadership concentration at HoneyRock. Courses are either two (2) or four (4) semester credit hours. A 2-credit intensive class meets for 9 hours per day for 3 days. A 4-credit intensive class meets for 9 hours per day over 6 days. In addition to the classroom hours, each class requires advance and post course work. Students should allow approximately 10 weeks, 6 prior and 4 after, to complete each class.
Evangelism and Leadership Courses (24 semester hours)
- EVAN 526: Gospel: Theological Perspectives on Evangelism and Renewal (4)
- EVAN 534: Apologetics in Modern and Emerging Culture (or substitute which must be approved by Program Coordinator) (2)
- EVAN 542: Church: Movements and Models (4)
- EVAN 545: Culture: Emerging and Global. (4)
- EVAN 559: Organizational and Change Leadership (4)
- EVAN 573: Evangelism Research Methods (2)
- INTR 692: Comprehensive Exam (0)
- BITH Category 1 TSR course (BITH 564, 565, 566, or BITH 576) (4)
Please refer to the list of classes for more these and other course descriptions. Approximate course schedules are also available. Make further inquiries with the program coordinator.
OAL Concentration Courses (16 semester hours)
- CFM 563 The Church and Outdoor Ministry (4)
- CFM 662 Theology and Practice of Outdoor Ministry (4)
- CFM 663 Leadership Development in Outdoor Ministry (4)
- CFM 664 Wilderness Programming and Leadership (4)
Refer to the Christian Formation and Ministry list of classes for course descriptions.
Go to the Graduate School Admissions site for further details. You may also request information on Wheaton College Graduate School. Please keep in mind the application deadlines as you plan.