Discover God's Purpose in Your Life
Are you unsure where to go after high school? Many students find themselves burnt-out, overwhelmed, and disconnected after completing the rigors of high school and college applications. The Vanguard Gap Year offers you a bridge between high school and college, while you learn new skills and experience the world.
Following the liberal arts tradition, Vanguard develops the whole person--mind, body, and soul. This community-based year of hands-on education and leadership development will prepare you for the challenges of college and beyond.
Any questions about Vanguard or if you are interested in learning more about gap year programs, please contact our gap year Program Manager, Charlie Goeke, through email or call him at 715-479-7474 ext. 231.
Wheaton College's Christian Liberal Arts Gap Year
Your time at Vanguard will deepen your understanding of the world, your talents, and your place in God's kingdom. As a Vanguard, you will:
- Engage your mind with practical studies led by Wheaton College faculty and guest speakers
- Take trips to serve in the Dominican Republic and inner-city Chicago
- Live in an immersive, Christ-centered community
- Nurture joy in giving and service
- Participate in recreational activities like climbing, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, and hiking
Upon successful completion of the Vanguard program and with positive recommendation from our faculty, you will receive preference in the undergraduate admissions process for the next fall semester at Wheaton College.