Discover God's Purpose in Your Life
Are you unsure where to go after high school? This time of life is full of difficult decisions that will have lasting impact. The Vanguard Gap Year offers you a bridge between high school and college, while you learn new skills and experience the world.
As a Vanguard, you will:
- Engage your mind with practical studies led by Wheaton College faculty and guest speakers
- Live in an immersive, Christ-centered community
- Nurture joy in giving and service
- Participate in recreational activities like white-water paddling, climbing, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, and hiking
- Commit to daily tasks that sustain community life
Upon successful completion of the Vanguard program and with positive recommendation from our faculty, participants will receive preference in the undergraduate admissions process for the next fall semester at Wheaton College.
The Christian Liberal Arts Gap Year
Many students find themselves burnt-out, overwhelmed, and disconnected after completing the rigors of high school and college applications. In the liberal arts tradition, Vanguard develops the whole person--mind, body, and soul. This community-based year of hands-on education and leadership development will prepare you for the challenges of college and beyond. Your time at Vanguard will deepen your awareness and understanding of the world, your talents, and your place in God's kingdom.