Student Government gladly welcomes your comments and ideas. Speak with any SG member or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attend Our Meetings
Student Government meetings are open for members of the student body to attend and we encourage you to join us and offer your feedback. We value your suggestions and ideas. Here is a list of our meeting times and locations (please double-check dates on our Calendar in case a last-minute change has been made):
Note: Schedule below will be updated in the Fall for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- Student Government Board: Wednesdays @ 3:30 pm, Parmelee Room, Lower Beamer Center
- Senior Class Council: Tuesdays @ 10:35 am, SAO Conference Room
- Junior Class Council: Every Monday at 7:00 pm, Wheaton Room
- Sophomore Class Council: Every Monday at 3:30 pm, Wheaton Room
- Freshman Class Council: Every Monday at 3:30 pm, Chicago Room
- Student Care Committee: Thursdays @ 3:30 pm, Parmelee Room, Lower Beamer Center
- Educational Policies Committee: Tuesdays @ 3 pm, SAO conference room
- College Life Committee: Contact Josh Miller for more information
- Finance & Technology Committee: Thursdays @ 8:30 pm, SAO conference room
Join a Committee
Interested in a particular aspect of SG? Whether it's serving your class by planning various events, addressing specific class-related projects, researching and developing policy recommendations about student or academic life, allocating funds to special interest clubs, or developing educational discussions about global engagement, ethnic diversity and racial issues, or emotional and mental health concerns, there are several committees that will provide you with an opportunity to engage campus issues, serve your peers, and learn about leadership. SG watches out for the best interests of all students and invites you to participate. Check out Who We Are for a list of committees and contact names.
Run for Student Government
Student Body President and Vice President Elections take place the second week after Spring Break. All other Executive Cabinet Vice President seats as well as Senior, Junior, and Sophomore Class Officer Elections take place the third week after Spring Break. Freshman Class President and Vice President Elections are held the third week in September. Applications for Administrative Cabinet positions are available the last week of March in the Student Activities Office. To qualify for an elected position, students must print out a petition and collect the necessary signatures, and agree to certain terms and conditions. More information is available in the Student Activities Office.