Zipcar is the world's largest car-sharing service that provides the opportunity for Wheaton College community members to reserve a car for an hour or all day. This service is a convenient and economical way to have access to the zipcars kept here on campus.
Dine with a Mind / Perk with a Prof
The Dine with a Mind program offers an opportunity for students to treat their professors to a meal in the dining hall at the college's expense. Students discuss the trajectory of further study in a given field, see how Christian faith and learning can play out in their lives, or just enjoy getting to know faculty or staff on a personal level.
Alternatively, students may take advantage of the Perk with a Prof program, which allows students to treat their professors to coffee or tea at Sam's Cafe.
Each student is limited to a total of five Dine With A Mind and/or Perk with a Prof cards each semester. To take advantage of these programs by stopping by the front desk at the Student Activities Office for a ticket.
Student Government allocates funds to provide Academic Grants to undergrad students presenting major projects/papers or musical works at academic conferences. Applications must be submitted before April 1, and students are encouraged to apply as early as possible as funds may run out.
Applicants must meet the following requirements to apply for an Academic Grant:
- Applicants must be full-time, undergraduate students (course load of 12 credit hours). Generally, no funds are granted to students on consortium.
- The student project presentation must occur at an external competition or convention. The convention must be the meeting of a regular scholarly society, not simply a student competition.
- Applicants may not be on academic probation. Each application must contain the signature of the Office of the Registrar to ensure that the student is not on academic probation.
- Applicants may not be on chapel probation. Each application must contain the signature of the Chaplain's Office to ensure that the student is not on chapel probation.
- Student projects, in most cases, should involve joint work with a professor. However, this is not a requirement.
- Each application must be signed by the Department Chair in the academic field being presented.
Student Government partners with local restaurants and businesses to provide discounts for Wheaton students through Wheatie Cards, which can be purchased for $5.00. Wheatie Cards are available during New Student Orientation and also throughout the year in the Student Activities Office.
The technology and finance committee allocates funding for all Student Activities Office-approved special-interest clubs. Budgets are due in late September, and the technology and finance committee hears and deliberates on these requests allocating funds for special interest club programming, services, and projects. These funds are not intended to provide an operating budget, but rather a supplement to it.