Constructed in 1895, Williston is Wheaton’s oldest residence hall. This historic building houses 61 upperclass students on two women's floors and one men's floor in a variety of double and triple rooms, each with its own unique style. This hall underwent full renovation in 1994, which restored its original charm and added the fourth floor Ruth Bell Graham prayer room.
Each room is equipped with:
- a 36" x 80" extra long mattress for each student
- one bulletin board
- eight electrical outlets
- one internet port per student (IT Services website)
- air conditioning/forced air heat in each room
- an RT London modular furniture system (mfs) that offers different lofting configurations with the dressers and desks (more info >>)
- room dimensions vary by room
- one closet per student
- one desk chair per student
- a wastebasket
- one towel bar or hook per student
- Average number of students per floor: 25
- Room dimensions vary.
- Window dimensions vary.
- A central bathroom is located on each floor.
- A central laundry room is shared by the entire building.
- Floor lounges are equipped with an ironing board.
- Limited summer storage is available.
- Limited indoor bike storage is available.
- Outdoor bike racks are available during the academic year.
- One vacuum is located on each floor.
- Williston contains a hall kitchen shared by the entire building, which includes one stove, a refrigerator, microwave and minimal cooking utensils.
- The hall also contains a 24-hour computer lab and a copy machine.