Campus housing opens for all continuing students on Sunday, August 24 at 2:00pm.
Students may also check in between 2-5pm on Monday and Tuesday, August 25-26 in preparation for classes to begin on Wednesday, August 27.
The overwhelming number of requests made in recent years which do not align with the intentions of Early Arrival access necessitate the reminder of guidelines and boundaries of Early Arrival campus housing. Please carefully review the information below regarding approval to arrive prior to Sunday, August 24.
Sponsored Early Arrival: no cost, name must be provided by faculty or staff and match the arrival time provided by your sponsor
- Participation in a leadership team
- Fall athletic team
- On-campus job
- Fall semester student teacher
- Participation in New Student/International Student Orientation
Non-Sponsored Early Arrival: processed on a case by case basis and if approved, a $30/night charge
- For credit internship
- International travel
- Travel hardships
- Sibling of new student or sponsored student leader (charges waived)
Not Approvable: will be denied Early Arrival approval and asked to find off campus housing until Sunday, August 24
- Transition from off campus summer leases
- Off campus employment
- Travel by car within two states away
Approved by Exception: rare and based on individual need with $75/night charge
On Campus without Approval: $100/night charge
Below is the schedule for those approved for Early Arrival Check-in:
- Sunday, August 17: 2-5pm
- Monday, August 18: 2-5pm
- Tuesday, August 19: No check in time
- Wednesday, August 20: 2-5pm
- Thursday, August 21: 2-4pm
- Friday, August 22: 9am-4pm
- Saturday, August 23: 3-5pm
The regular meal plan begins with breakfast on Monday, August 25.
Please contact the Residence Life Office with any questions at x5427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email response to your request with approval or denial information.