SHS Medical and Disability Shuttle Service
The Student Health Services (SHS) provides a free medical and disability shuttle service for students that need transportation to SHS from Residence Halls if student is too ill, as well as off campus needs such as doctor’s appointments, mental health counseling, non-emergency hospital visits, physical therapy, dentist appointments, and pharmaceutical or medical equipment pick up.
The free shuttle is also for use by students with recent or chronic disability needs, which restricts them from getting to and from their Residence Hall and classroom quickly.
This is not a guaranteed service of the College and may be interrupted by student workers’ schedules, weather, or high disability needs on campus. Please note it is difficult to accommodate day program needs.
The medical and disability shuttle is not a delivery service.
The Director of SHS reserves the right to refuse transportation to individuals due to distance, acuity of need or high no show rate.
This is a student driver generated shuttle, and the schedule is subject to change each semester and/or quad. For best scheduling results, call Student Health Services at 630-765-0016 before scheduling the doctor’s appointment to check on weekly driving hours.
The shuttle service runs on weekdays but not on holidays, campus breaks, finals week, or during the summer. Reservations should be made 24 hours in advance, if at all possible. This service may not be able to accommodate requests that are provided with less than 24 hours’ notice. The shuttle is not allowed to be out past closing time of SHS.
If your appointment is cancelled or you do not need the shuttle, please call to cancel so that others may utilize the service. If you are 10 minutes late for your reservation, the shuttle will be released to accommodate other needs. Failure to cancel the shuttle may result in discontinued future shuttle service
If the shuttle is not available, disability assistance can also be requested through Public Safety at 630-752-5556.
Student Health Services will provide services on a first come, first serve basis.
Exceptions may occur such as:
- A disabled student needing to get to class and will need to be dropped off on the way to your appointment.
- Students who may be traveling in the same direction/area and you will be asked for your consent to travel together.
- Emergency care that is needed for a student by SHS.
- Inclement weather may ground the shuttle service.
We provide transportation to the following areas:
- Hospitals: Central DuPage Hospital (Winfield), Edwards (Naperville), Elmhurst
- Urgent Care, Take Care or Minute Clinics:
- Towns: Wheaton, Glen Ellyn, Naperville, Carol Stream, Warrenville, Winfield, Lombard, Bloomingdale, Glendale Heights
If you have any questions about possible exceptions, call 630-765-0016.
Here is a summary of Medical and Disability Shuttle Services and other transportation resources that may be helpful to you.
Patient Rights and Responsibilities
- You will be provided timely and safe services.
- You will be informed of any delay or cancellations of this service.
- You will be provided the confidentiality of your service and destination.
- You will be asked in advance if another passenger can ride with you.
- You will be required to give accurate address and time expectations prior to departure.
- You must arrive on time for departure and also for pick up from your destination. Lateness of greater than 10 minutes may result in a cancellation.
- You will treat other passengers and the driver with respect and privacy.
- You must call to cancel your appointment as soon as possible and ideally 24 hours in advance.
- You will be required to respect others traveling with you.
If you have any suggestions, complaints or compliments, please direct these to Britt Black, Director of Student Health Services at Health.Services@wheaton.edu or call 630-752-5072 to discuss your concern.