Why You Should Consider Biblical Studies
The Masters in Biblical Studies (MABS) program is designed to give you a broad-based knowledge of the Bible that can be taken back to your workplace, your small group, or your church to help you build up the body of Christ. You will examine the biblical text within both its historic and modern worldwide contexts, explore the themes of all the books of the Bible, learn how to interpret passages, and appreciate the Bible as literature.
The Benefits of Studying at Wheaton College Graduate School
When you join our program, you'll:
- Learn from top Wheaton professors
- Enjoy an informal academic environment while acquiring a full-accredited master's degree
- Build lasting relationships with a cohort learning community that stays together for the full three-year program (see below for more information on the cohort model)
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the Bible and theological training relevant to daily life
- Be prepared to take what you've learned back to your church group or workplace to make an impact
You will also benefit from:
- A flexible program designed to fit into your busy lifestyle
- Not being delayed by a biblical languages prerequisite
- A special lower tuition rate
Here's How it Works
Geared for students from Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, the MA in Biblical Studies degree is offered in a cohort model where students stay together as a group throughout a three-year program which includes weekly in-person evening classes and two short intensive courses each year.
The cohort model means that your fellow students will be with you for three years, allowing you to develop deep life relationships with others who are hungry to expand their biblical knowledge for Christ and His kingdom.
Sound interesting? Find out more about how a cohort works and see a sample schedule.
Are you ready to learn more?
- Read student testimonials from our graduates
- Check out our FAQs for answers to your questions
- Contact Dr. Gene Green, program coordinator, to find out if the MABS would be a good fit for you.
Wheaton offers a number of other master’s degrees related to biblical and theological studies. Explore each program to find the one that best suits your interests and ambitions.