Economic Wisdom For The Church:
Casting A Vision For Vocation
Registration Deadline extended to May 30, 2014!
Note: Each church may bring lay leaders but there must be one pastor from the church who also attends the conference.
This *free conference for pastors and their lay leaders will equip them through the integration of sound economic and Biblical principles to enrich their congregations with a robust theology of vocation.
- Keynote speaker, Tom Nelson, Senior Pastor at Christ Community Church in Leawood, KS and author of Work Matters: Connecting Sunday Worship to Monday Work.
- Presenters include economic scholars, Christian business practitioners, theologians and fellow pastors. See full listing of speakers and bio information.
- Discussion time with fellow pastors to build networks and develop a church plan for communicating a strong vocational vision within your church.
- Visit Chicago’s Lawndale neighborhood entrepreneurial enterprise projects and meet Wayne “coach” Gordon.
- Tool kit with “cutting edge” books selected to inform and enhance your vocational vision.
The Hastert Center wants to help pastors respond to a statement keynote speaker, Tom Nelson, hears repeatedly from lay people in nearly every vocation.
"Tell me what I do everyday matters."
*On-campus lodging and meals are provided.
- Charting the Course: Values for Navigating Life in the Marketplace
- Creation Mandate and Work
- Virtues of Work and Ethics in Economics
- Human Action with Individual Responsibility
- The Heart of a Business Ethic: Creating Value in Community
- Economic Growth
- Business for the Common Good
- The Gospel and the Mystery of Democratic Capitalism
- Economics of Natural Disasters: Costs Incurred and Responses Offered
- Economics with a Christian Vision
- Human Flourishing through Economic Activity
- Unintended Consequences of Poor Economic Planning
Questions? Call 630.752.5975 or email firstname.lastname@example.org