1. Upon arrival, please sign in at the Reading Room desk.
2. The Reading Room is designated for study or reading relating to the Wade Center authors only.
3. Please use our copies of books and materials; personal or library books should be left outside of the Reading Room.
4. Laptops, iPads, tablets, etc. are welcome, but storage cases must be left outside the Reading Room at a coatrack or in a locker. Wheaton College staff, faculty, and students are provided with cable and wireless internet connectivity via their registered personal devices. For off-campus visitors who would like internet connectivity, see our Research Visits page, item #4.
5. No food, drink, or gum in the Reading Room.
6. Please use care in handling all material. Use pencil only when taking notes.
7. Cameras and other devices may not be used to take photographs of materials without permission from Wade Center archival staff. See our Duplication Services page for more details.
8. All materials are non-circulating and must remain in the Wade Center Reading Room.
9. We ask that you hang your coat on the coat rack in the entryway of the Wade Center, or on the hooks in the hallway outside the Reading Room.
10. All backpacks, briefcases, purses or other bags must be stored at a coat rack or in a locker. You may see the attendant for a locker key at no charge.
11. Cell phone ringers must be turned off. Calls made or received should take place outside the Reading Room.
12. Please allow our archival staff to re-shelve books or other materials. Place them on the designated re-shelving cart when you are done using them.
13. Reading Room staff reserve the right to request photo identification.